Order of Barrister Applications Due Tuesday, March 10, 2015 at noon
Dear Members of the JD Graduating Class of 2015 :
All graduating third year students (as well as students who graduated in December 2014) who qualify are invited to submit applications for membership in Order of Barristers.
The Order of Barristers is a national honorary organization whose purpose is the encouragement of oral advocacy and brief writing skills through effective law school advocacy programs. The Order provides national recognition for persons who have excelled in advocacy and service in law school, and honors those graduating 3Ls who have demonstrated outstanding ability in the preparation and presentation of moot court arguments.
Students excelling in oral advocacy and brief writing skills are selected for membership based on the following six criteria. If you meet at least two of the criteria listed, you are eligible to self-nominate.
1. Membership in an interscholastic traveling team
2. Participation in competitions for interscholastic teams
3. Participation and performance in the administration of moot court programs
4. Participation and performance in intra-school competitions
5. Participation and performance in a teaching program for brief writing and/or oral advocacy skills for other law students (i.e., writing TA)
6. Performance record in the writing and/or oral advocacy courses
To apply for this award, please submit a current resume as well as a one to two page narrative describing how you have achieved at least two of the six qualifying criteria and why you should be selected, and email your application to Victoria.Trotta@asu.edu or deliver it to the Ross-Blakley Law Library Administrative Offices by Tuesday, March 10, at noon. [NB: please be sure you are sending to the proper address. We have a recent graduate with the same name, and you may have her email address in your contacts list. Dean Trotta will not receive it if it goes to the wrong email address.]
The law students awarded with membership in Order of Barristers will be recognized at the April Moot Court Banquet. The names will also appear in the convocation program for the College of Law.