Applications Due Monday, March 6, 2017 at noon
Dear Members of the JD Graduating Class:
All graduating third year students who qualify are invited to submit applications for membership in The Order of Barristers.
The Order of Barristers is a national honorary organization whose purpose is the encouragement of oral advocacy and brief writing skills through effective law school advocacy programs. The Order provides national recognition for persons who have excelled in advocacy and service in law school, and honors those graduating 3Ls who have demonstrated outstanding ability in the preparation and presentation of moot court arguments.
Students excelling in oral advocacy and brief writing skills are selected for membership based on the following six criteria. If you meet at least two of the criteria listed, you are eligible to self-nominate.
1. Membership in an interscholastic traveling team
2. Participation in competitions for interscholastic teams
3. Participation and performance in the administration of moot court programs
4. Participation and performance in intra-school competitions
5. Participation and performance in a teaching program for brief writing and/or oral advocacy skills for other law students (i.e., writing TA)
6. Performance record in the writing and/or oral advocacy courses.
To apply for this award, please submit a current resume that outlines all your Moot Court experiences, a one to two page narrative describing how you have achieved at least two of the six qualifying criteria and why you should be selected, and the name you would like to appear on your certificate (if selected) and email your application to Victoria.Trotta@asu.edu or deliver it to the Ross-Blakley Law Library Administrative Offices , BCLS 348 by Monday, March 6 at noon. [NB: please be sure you are sending to the proper address. We have a recent graduate with the same name, and you may have her email address in your contacts list. I will not receive it if it goes to the wrong email address.]