The Arizona Black Bar will be awarding scholarships to assist MLS and 1L/2L/3L law students with law school expenses.
Applicants must prepare and submit an essay and meet the criteria listed below. The submission deadline is October 5, 2020
Here is a link to the application: Hayzel B. Daniels 2020 scholarship application
• The applicant must be an MLS or a current law student.
• The applicant must be an active member of the law school’s Black Law Student Association (BLSA).
•The applicant must obtain a letter from the BLSA President, the BLSA academic adviser, or the manager of the comparable community organization if no BLSA chapter is present. The letter should state that the applicant is an active member of the organization.
• The applicant must provide an unofficial transcript, indicating a minimum GPA of 3.0.
• The applicant should provide a statement explaining his/her need for financial support for the bar preparation course. The applicant should explain how he/she will work to further diversity and inclusion within the legal community as well as the public. The applicant should also explain the type of involvement he/she intends to have with the Arizona Black Bar as a practicing attorney.
• The applicant must submit the completed materials to the student’s Financial Aid Department via email (email@example.com) no later than 5pm October 5, 2020.