Gideon Fellowship for Criminal Defense Info Meeting is September 21, 2021 from 12:15-1:15 in BCLS 240.
The Gideon Fellowship is a 12-month clinical experience beginning the summer following the completion of the second year of law school. Through the fellowship, a student experiences a progression of various experiences in indigent defense work through their participation in the Public Defender Clinic and at both the Office of the Maricopa County Public Defender and the Federal Public Defender’s Office. The fellow is selected through a competitive application process and is formally awarded at the Annual Arizona Public Defender (APDA) conference in June.
The fellowship is open to one student per year following the second year of law school.
Please see the web site for application and complete information.
- Information Meeting: September 21, 2021 from 12:15 to 1:15 pm in BCLS Rm 240
- Application Period: September 21, 2021 through October 25, 2021 at 12 pm
- Notify Applicants of Interviews: November 1, 2021
- Interviews: November 19, 2021
- Notify all applicants and chosen Fellow: November 23, 2021
For questions please contact Renee Garcia at firstname.lastname@example.org