The Academy for Justice at the Sandra Day O’Connor of Law and the Arizona State Law
Journal , seek applicants for the 2022 Criminal Justice Reform National Writing
Competition to promote legal scholarship centering on criminal justice reform.
• Applicants may write on any criminal justice topic but all submissions should offer a
recommendation or solution to the problem(s) being highlighted
• Articles must be no longer than 10,000 words (including footnotes), but shorter articles
are also encouraged.
• Applicants should include a cover page indicating their school and year of graduation.
• Applicants must be enrolled full time at an ABA accredited law school at the time of
• The Arizona State Law Journal and the Academy for Justice’s selection will focus on
clarity, accessibility of the arguments, practical relevance, measured tone, and non
partisan solutions in their decision
Email article submissions to
by July 1, 2022 at 11:59 PM.
Winners will be notified in August 2022.
$ 1,000 in prize money will be awarded and
articles will be considered for publication in the
Arizona State Law Journal Online